WE ALL KNOW WATER IS IMPORTANT – BUT DID YOU KNOW . . . ?
- Infants are 90% water by volume. Healthy adults 70% water by volume.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- More than one-third of adults mistake thirst for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration slows down metabolism as much as 3%.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere drop of 2% in body water triggers fuzzy, short-term memory; creates difficulty doing basic math; and makes it hard to focus and read, especially computer screens.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%; the risk of breast cancer by 80%; and the risk of bladder cancer by 50%.
OUR HEALTH DEPENDS ON WATER.
- Essential for proper digestion, nutrient absorption and chemical reactions.
- Essential for proper circulation and flexibility of the blood vessels.
- Lubricates joints, eyeballs, mouth, nasal passages, and the intestines.
- Detoxifies the body. Gets rid of toxins by removing wastes through the kidneys and helps solid waste pass through the intestines.
- Regulates body temperature.
- Transmits electrical signals through the nervous system.
- Keeps the shapes of cells and aids in metabolism.
- Dissolves and absorbs nutrients.
- Keeps the blood alkaline.
- Cushions body organs and tissues.
- Carries oxygen to cells.
HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD WE DRINK?
- Most people respond, 8 glasses of water a day. Not so! It depends on body weight.
- Each day we lose one-half ounce of water per pound of body weight through urination, respiration, and perspiration.
- If you drink less than this amount, you run the risk of being chronically dehydrated. Dehydration leads to acidosis.
- All disease thrives in an acid environment. So we must drink enough water to maintain health.
IS TAP WATER A GOOD CHOICE?
“It makes little sense to ‘go all out’ and eat pure, wholesome foods while drinking water that is full of toxic substances.”
- Less than 2% of the earth’s water is fit to drink.
- Research indicates that drinking polluted water may increase cancer risks as much as 300%.
- Testing of water quality is focused on bacterial counts and a limited number of chemical compounds, overlooking the majority of chemicals for which no safe level has been determined.
- Tap water may contain up to 90 legally allowable chemicals, some of which are introduced to treat micro-organisms, pollutants, toxic chemicals and other contaminants.
- The chlorine and chloramine used to kill bacteria in tap water also kills healthy bacteria in our gut.
- Tap water has been shown to contain pesticides, herbicides, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, pharmaceutical drugs including estogenic and psychotropic agents, rocket fuel, arsenic, and other shocking ingredients.
- In some states, fracking occurs, which presents other health dangers to our water supply.
WHAT ABOUT BOTTLED WATER?
- Bottled water costs up to 1,900 more than tap water and is more expensive to buy than gasoline.
- Bottled water is no safer than tap water; in fact the industry is less regulated by the federal government.
- Close to one-half of all bottled water is sourced from municipal tap water.
- The Environmental Working Group found 38 contaminants in 10 popular brands of bottled water.
- It takes an estimated 2,000 times more energy to produce bottled water than to produce an equivalent amount of tap water.
- Bottled water sales have more than quadrupled in the last 20 years.
- Plastic bottles can leach dioxin, a known carcinogen, and other chemicals into the fluid contents.
- Bottle water production and transportation for the US market consumes more than 30 million barrels of oil yearly and produces as much carbon dioxide as 2 million cars.
- Plastic water bottles are the fastest growing form of municipal solid waste in the US.
- Every 27 hours, Americans discard enough water bottles to circle the entire equator. In just a single week, those bottles would stretch more than halfway to the moon, some 115,400 miles!
- Less than 10% of plastic bottles are recycled, despite how many are placed in recycle bins.
- Plastic never actually degrades. It just breaks down into smaller and smaller pieces. As a result, two islands, twice the size of the state of Texas, have formed in the Pacific Ocean that are composed mainly of plastic bottled waste.
- Disposing of plastic water bottles costs cities nationwide an estimated $70 million in landfill tipping fees annually.
WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE TO TAP AND BOTTLED WATERS?
More than 60 years ago scientists were studying people on the planet who lived longest and had relatively disease-free lives, including the Hunzas. Their water came from Himalayan glaciers. It had a measurably different viscosity and surface tension. It was highly alkaline, had an extraordinary amount of active hydrogen (hydrogen with an extra electron), a negative Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP), and a high colloidal mineral count.
Glacial water can be duplicated through electrolysis or ionization. By passing water over electrically charged, platinum-coated titanium plates, regular tap water is restructured and takes on the same properties as glacial water, albeit temporarily. By 1966 the Japanese Health and Rehabilitation Ministry confirmed that ionized water (also known as electrolyzed water) was beneficial for health improvement and medical use. Today more than 30 million people enjoy ionized water.
WHAT HAS RESEARCH FOUND ABOUT IONIZED WATER?
Numerous peer-reviewed, scientific studies performed worldwide in well respect universities and hospitals have found these benefits from ionized water:
- Release of excess body fat and stored toxins
- Normalization of blood sugar and insulin
- Normalization of blood pressure
- Elimination of abnormal gastro-intestinal putrefaction
- Support of healthy colon function
- Resolution of urinary tract infections
- Reduction of candida and fungus proliferation
- Reduction of chronic pain
- Improved wound healing
WHAT MAKES KANGEN WATER® SUPERIOR TO OTHER IONIZED WATERS?
Kangen Water® is a trademarked name of alkaline water generated from an Enagic® Ionizer. It is superior to other ionized waters because its properties are more robust and last longer. No chemicals or minerals are added to produce ionized water.
The Enagic® Ionizer employs better technology.
- More surface area (almost twice the amount of its nearest competitor.
- Greater wattage. Unlike competitive models which must shut down periodically to keep from over-heating, the Enagic® Ionizer can produce water continuously and never over-heats.
- Self-cleaning. Other ionizers have no way to remove the accumulated ions (minerals) which collect on the ionizing plates. The machine cleans itself after every 15 minutes of continuous or intermittent use. The owner can also initiate a longer cleaning period using a recyclable cleaning cartridge. Or the ionizer can be sent to a one of 7 Enagic® offices in North America for a professionally done deep cleaning.
- 7 pH levels of water are produced (11.5, 9.5, 9.0, 8.5, 7.0, 6.0, and 2.5.) including one that is FDA approved for sanitation. Known scientifically as electrolyzing oxidized water (EO water), this strong acidic water, which measures 2.6 or lower on the pH scale, has been shown in independent tests to kill micro-organisms including staph, strep, candida, athlete’s foot fungus, salmonella, HIV, E. coli, MRSA, and necrotizing fasciitis.
- The strong alkaline water (pH 11.0 or higher) emulsifies oil and removes pesticides from produce.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OPTIMAL HYDRATION AND pH BALANCE?
- Improve energy and vitality
- Reduce hunger, eat less
- Reduce aches, pains and stiffness
- Improve athletic performance
- Improve acid-alkaline balance
- Enhanced immune system function
- Support healthy urinary tract
- Support healthy colon function
- Support more efficient fat metabolism
- Reduce severity and frequency of headaches
- Neutralize and eliminate waste products and toxins
- Faster recovery from injury, surgery or illness
- Blood carries more oxygen
- Muscles produce more power
- Physical endurance improves
- Muscles less likely to cramp
- Faster recovery from exercise
- Enhanced absorption of nutrition
- Efficient removal of toxins and metabolic waste
- Improved antioxidant protection
- Better cellular communication
- Better communicate between neurons
WHAT ARE ALL THE USES OF IONIZED WATER?
- Food preparation
- Cleaning and soaking beans and grains
- Removing “fishy” odors
- Tenderizing meat and poultry
- Cooking pasta
- Making salad dressings, marinades and sauces
- Making perfect eggs
- Making smoother smoothies
- Making coffee and tea
- Enhancing flavors of soups and stews
- Plant care
- Pet care
- Dish washing
- Stain removal
- General cleaning
- Stove tops, ovens, and vents
- Bathroom toilets, sinks, showers, and tubs
- Windows and glass
- Wicker furniture
- Upholstery cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Strong acid sanitary water (pH 2.6 or lower) has excellent cleaning and disinfecting properties that can prevent food poisoning. The unique properties disinfects, deodorizes, breaks down proteins, and brightens.
Mild Acid Beauty Water (pH 5.5) offers cleansing and astringent qualities which lends a softness to skin and tightens pores just as a “toner” would. It’s great for sensitive skin problems like psoriasis, rashes, eczema, or dry skin. The unique characteristics of mild acid water strip soapy residue, create a sheeting action, and shine surfaces.
Strong Alkaline water (11.0 or higher) has a detergent effect and is able to dissolve and draw out oil-based substances. It emulsifies fats and oils, lifts dirt, cleans like soap without leaving a soapy residue, restores a bright finish, and repels dirt.
Baroody, Theodore A. (1991). Alkalize or Die. Superior Health through Proper Alkaline-Acid Balance. Holographic Health Press, Waynesville, NC.
Batmanghelidj, F. (2003). Water Cures: Drugs Kill. How Water Cured , Incurable Diseases. Global Health Solutions, Vienna, VA.
Batmanghelidj, F. (1992). Your Body’s Many Cries for Water. Global Health Solutions, Vienna, VA.
Functional Water Symposium Held in Kyoto, Japan. 1995. Vision for the Future of Acid and Alkaline Electrolytic Water.
Jhon, Mu Shik. (2004). The Water Puzzle and the Hexagonal Key. Scientific Evidence of Hexagonal Water and its Positive Influenceon Health! Uplifting Press.
McCauley, Bob, (2006). The Miraculous Properties of Ionized Water.Spartan Enterprises, USA.
McKnight, Tim, M. D. (2012). Confessions of a Skeptical Physian. YNR Publishing.Pangman, M. J. (2007). Hexagonal Water. The Ultimate Solution.Uplifting Press. (Contains references to 30 peer-reviewed articles on ionized water).
OTHER INFORMATION SOURCES
Watch a comparison of Kangen Water® and other beverages www.KangenDemo.com
Scientific information and free booklet www.EnjoyThisWater.com
Quick overview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCXJ6EgRpA
Dr. Shinya on colon cleansing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Mx8k7f2jY
Dr. Corinne Allen: Your Brain on Water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0gv4jApEu4
Doctors’ Opinions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6I3ZGIf-do
CBS Report http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOsgNUAXZZA
CNN Report with Dr. Robert Young http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kH-btLnAvo
Is Kangen Water® a Scam? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy_Kk-4JHb8
Enagic Website www.Enagic.com